Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Day

Showin' off our new hairdos! And facial capabilities.
Today was another seemingly productive day! We both got our hair did (I promise my hair isn't green like the picture), beat one million levels on Super Mario, made some tastey Roast Beef Aju, and worked out like crazy at the gym. Funny part of being at the gym today: Casey and I made a poor decision and went tanning yesterday since our engagements are in two weeks...BIGISH MISTAKE! I tan very easily so I thought I could handle it, and Casey used to tan quite a bit. Well Casey's face is now pink and I got burned in places that you shouldn't get burned. So trying to workout and keep the sweat from hitting the burns was quite the task. However, we were up to it!

Whilst visiting the gym facility I decided that it was time to mix it up again I just chanced upon this ab workout and wanted to share it. I am most def trying this out next time Casey and I are at the gym. Bless you Women's Health for always having new workouts for me to try! People always say how important it is to mix it up so that your body continually gets stronger, so that is what I will do! Here ya go friends:



2 of 6

The Sprinter

Even otherwise slender, fit women can end up with a sway belly die to underworked lower-abdominal muscles. Runners and other cardio junkies are notorious for letting their middle go soft while they spend hours on their legs. This move is designed to tap into the deep abdominal muscles—the transverse abdominis—that pull in your waistline like a natural corset.

To Do It:
A. Lie on your back with your arms at your sides, your legs straight, and your heels hovering 6 to 12 inches off the floor.
B. Start sitting up while elevating your left arm with the elbow bent so it resembles a sprinter's pumping motion. At the peak of the situp, bring your right knee to your chest. Return to the starting position, keeping your legs raised, and repeat with the opposite arm and leg. That's 1 rep.
Casey says "This doesn't look fun". Usually when it doesn't look fun, it isn't fun but it is effective! That means we are going to do this until we die...or see results. Whatever comes first! Good luck to you all. P.s. finally put up the GTL exercise page so don't be afraid to check that out either!
Godspeed
Casey and Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment