Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wow what a crazy couple of weeks Casey and I have had. I can't seem to remember where we left off with this thing! New updates for the blog though. I can't decide on a name or a design. Hopefully this one will stick for awhile.

Where to begin now...

School is coming to a close in the next couple of weeks. We are praying like crazy for Casey to pass his math class. That is probably our biggest stress at this point! Send out good vibes for him on Saturday as he ventures to his final. We are both terrible at math so it has been an interesting semester...you could say it was something along the lines of the blind leading the blind. As soon as this semester ends Casey will have a week or two of summer vacation and then he will start summer semester. I am very grateful for his determination to be done even though it will be a year of straight school. We are also very blessed that his job will allow him to still go and be full time.

Speaking of full time, it looks like I am headed away from the nanny baby and on to another wonderful job opportunity. Without all the details I will have you know that it really has been such a crazy couple of weeks because of this decision; it was not an easy one to make at first. I seriously just felt like I was floating the whole time this was happening and not necessarily in a good or bad way. We have never prayed as hard as we did for this! But I am so happy we did because both Casey and I feel a lot more peaceful now. And can I just say how grateful we are for our wonderful families who have been so helpful and have listened to me gripe about all of this for weeks?! We love you all.

We are really excited though because this is something that will really give us a head start on accomplishing some of our goals for the year. Fortunately this job will also allow me to work right along with my current boss, the nanny baby's mom! I am so excited about that because I just adore their family. So I will be the Office Manager for Axis 41, an advertising agency here in Salt Lake. I will be doing receptionist duties and will also be kind of an intern for their HR department. It is really bittersweet but I know the nanny baby has a fantastic new nanny and I am excited for what is ahead with this position. Definitely many prayers answered here guys. The church is true!

Now for the Nora update: We finished up with puppy preschool last week. Before we could receive the certificate we had to take her through a little course that went through all the training techniques we learned. Well Nora has the moves down but let me tell you...that dog is high maintenance. She was over the treats after five minutes so she would not respond to anything! And if we gave her a treat she would just spit it out on the floor and walk away. So we upped our treat choice and she was a total gem. We are happy to be done with that class for sure. As of now she is just a hairy muddy mess who will give you high fives upon your request!

So that is all for now. We are just trucking along!

Love,
Becca and Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment