The changes are as follows: we no longer live in the "buggy" basement apartment, we are both students at Weber State, and as you all know we acquired a puppy monster! So now we are living in my parents basement (they have graciously agreed to let us crash here for as long as we need), still working and going to school. Oh and I guess another major change I should mention is Casey's new-ish job. He actually was offered the position last October...yep! He works at Tom Stuart Construction as an assistant purchaser. He is really good at this job and he really loves working there.
We have also immersed ourselves into loads of different TV shows. On a whim we decided to get Netfilx and since then all of our productivity has gone down the drain. That might be an exaggeration but it sure does feel like it! We started with The Walking Dead during Christmas break, and then Breaking Bad and now Gossip Girl. As lame as that sounds, that show is addicting! Even Casey is hooked. I guess watching pretend upper east siders bully each other is just what we were missing in life? Cool. We'll take it! Side note, our rule now is to go to the gym before any Netflixing can occur.
And now to address the puppy baby. She is really like our baby. We hold her like a baby and talk to her like a baby. Her name is Nora, she is a mini Australian shepherd and she is just four months old. Though she is a "mini" supposedly, she just keeps on growing...except for her head or so it seems. It sounds odd but really it just makes her even cuter. She really is a strange little creature. Her favorite past time includes collecting any and every item from the house and taking it outside. She doesn't necessarily chew on these things, she just wants them outside with her...who even knows. She also has a vast water bottle collection, so no more spending money on toys! Our favorite things about her:
- She runs sideways (possibly due to her docked tail a.k.a her "nubbin"...which is also a favorite of ours)
- She can't jump onto things like the couch (she uses only upper body strength to pull herself up)
- She has the biggest and squishiest paws on the planet!
- She loves to be held (especially when we go on walks. And by we I mean me and Casey apparently)
- She gives lots of kisses
- She loves the snow
- Her butt looks like a bear's bottom
- She is afraid of everything...the broom, ironing boards, suitcases, loud noises, laundry baskets, basketballs etc.
- And she likes to sit on other dogs
|First time we saw her!|
|Happy Valentines! (notice the size difference!)|
That pretty much sums up our current life status. Everything is nice and calm, which is just how we like it!